Privacy. What is it? How do we get it? Who even has this? Privacy is the most important protection issue people and businesses face daily. Privacy is defined as the right to be free from interference or the right to be alone. Information security is defined by the IAPP as “the right to have some control over how your personal information is collected and used.” Privacy is of such critical importance because without it, what do you have? Privacy is an important facet of doing business. It is a necessity. No matter what industry you are in, customers expect business owners to protect their data.
What Is Privacy As A Service?
Consumers and businesses are becoming equally aware that the method by which trust is gained and consumer information is protected and guarded, is a critical factor in whether business will be done. Privacy as a service (PaaS) is a way to control how data and personal information is being used and collected. You know your PaaS is working for your business when it does the following:
- Ensures the business has the best security options in place. Hiring a managed security service provider (MSSP) can ensure that privacy measures and protocols are put in place.
- Offers transparency around the customer information that is collected by your business and how it will be used.
- Offers options around when and how a customer will be contacted by your business. In this sense, you can opt in or opt out of further information from the business.
- Does NOT sell customer information!
How Can We Protect Our Privacy?
The number one way to protect our privacy is by putting privacy measures in place and utilizing a MSSP. Hiring the right people to put the necessary security measures in place for you and your business is the most efficient and fiscally responsible thing a business can do to protect privacy today. A MSSP can do this for you. They will take the time to put a proactive and customized plan in place for you and your business that will place your privacy and therefore your security posture at the top of the marketplace. This will also ensure you have the right tools and technology in place to better protect you and your business as well. Another huge benefit of a MSSP is they will implement and train you and your employees in the security protocols that will allow you to better protect yourselves and your customers. The MSSP will continue to monitor and mitigate risks for you and make your business a leader in your marketplace. This will increase you and your company’s valuation. You want your business to be in demand because you offer privacy as a service, while so many do not.
SourceOne Secure to Protect your Privacy
SourceOne™ is the gold standard for MSSP’s. SourceOne Secure provided by Griffin Group Global will provide you many tailor-made and custom options to help you protect your privacy including, but not limited to:
- 24/7/365 real time proactive and systematic approach to a secure lifestyle.
- With 360 coverage you will know NOW if there is a breach and how to mitigate your issue.
- Network Defense is an all-encompassing approach to delivering secure on site or cloud management of your network by certified professionals.
- Mobile Defense or device protection provides both convenience and confidence.
- Email Defense is a layered approach Griffin takes to protect against extortion and data loss.
SourceOne™ answers the call for businesses in their search for Privacy protection.